From: Carles <301190221 <at> gmx.net>
Subject: sharing Org-mode files for collaboration
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Saturday 24th July 2010 13:32:06 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hello,

There have been some threads here about sharing and collaboratively
editing Org-mode files. I have a LAN with a central server and Samba
shares, all clients have Emacs and Org-mode installed.

Sharing of calendars and tasks could be done through Org agenda. Right
now I am implementing a very simple setup:

- a shared folder with one org file per user

- each user has writing permissions for his own file and reading
  permissions for all other org files

- org-agenda-files of each user includes the names of the shared files
  of the other users

Do you see any problems arising from this setup. Any other suggestions
how it could be improved or extended?