From: Michael Brand <michael.brand <at> alumni.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: export of emphasized link
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Tuesday 1st June 2010 17:03:19 UTC (over 6 years ago)
On 10-06-01 09:44 , Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> After removing org-bracket-link-regexp from org-html-expand
>
> What do you mean by this sentence? What exactly did you do?

To understand the implementation I tried the following temporary
change (the line prefix `:' will bypass the nice patch extract
http://patchwork.newartisans.com/project/org-mode/list
for this time I hope):
:--- a/lisp/org-html.el
:+++ b/lisp/org-html.el
:@@ -2025,8 +2025,7 @@ that uses these same face definitions."
: (defun org-html-expand (string)
:   "Prepare STRING for HTML export.  Applies all active conversions.
: If there are links in the string, don't modify these."
:-  (let* ((re (concat org-bracket-link-regexp "\\|"
:-                    (org-re "[ \t]+\\(:[[:alnum:]_@:]+:\\)[ \t]*$")))
:+  (let* ((re (org-re "[ \t]+\\(:[[:alnum:]_@:]+:\\)[ \t]*$"))
:         m s l res)
:     (if (string-match "^[ \t]*\\+-[-+]*\\+[ \t]*$" string)
:        string

With this trial the export to HTML of emphasized links is supported.
But this should not happen as I understand the doc string of
org-html-expand and org-docbook-expand:
"If there are links in the string, don't modify these."
Why should emphasized links not be supported for the export to HTML
and DocBook (and maybe more export formats?) while the org-mode
buffer display (and maybe some export formats?) supports them?