From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet <jmg <at> gaillourdet.net>
Subject: Re: Vim folding/syntax highlighting?
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Tuesday 18th May 2010 13:03:39 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hi,

sorry to answer so late, but I'm way behind my emails.

There is http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1266
, which emulates folding like outline-mode. I'll attach my locally modified
version of it. I've added support for deeper outline structures, drawers,
tags, SCHEDULED and DEADLINE. This is just work in progress.

Just put file into ~/.vim/syntax and use :set ft=org or put the following
line into ~/.vim/ftdetect/org.vim.

au BufRead,BufNewFile *.org		set filetype=org

Additionally, I have a file ~/vim/ftplugin/org.vim which contains:

map  za
autocmd! BufRead,BufNewFile *.org set filetype=org

This, allows to use tab to open and close folds as in org-mode.

Best regards,

Jean