From: Stefan Vollmar <vollmar <at> nf.mpg.de>
Subject: Updating Emacs to latest org-release on MS Windows?
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Tuesday 7th July 2009 15:05:23 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hello,

we have been using Emacs and org on MacOS X and Linux for a while and
we are very happy with the way we can keep up with the phantastic
amount of enhancements and fixes that continously appear in the git-
repository.

We now need to also have a (comparatively) current org version on
Windows, maybe in this case updating to the latest release version is
already a useful goal. I know of several potential new users (who have
to use Windows) and who would be interested to try Emacs/org but who
would be very reluctant to install cygwin-level tools to emulate unix
behaviour. So, in a nutshell, is it possible to update the current
Emacs Windows distribution, http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows,
the latest release of org-mode without needing a "make" tool?
Naturally, if there is a simple recipe for updating to the latest
development version even better.

Many thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
  Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung