From: Oliver Charles <oliver.g.charles <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: POLL: the 40 variables project
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Thursday 29th January 2009 22:43:07 UTC (over 8 years ago)

,----[ org-mode custom settings ]
| (custom-set-variables
|                                         ; Org-Mode
|  '(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/Documents/timetable.org"
"~/Documents/gtd.org")))
|  '(org-agenda-ndays 7)
|  '(org-agenda-show-all-dates t)
|  '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
|  '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
|  '(org-agenda-start-on-weekday nil)
|  '(org-deadline-warning-days 14)
|  '(org-hide-leading-stars t)
|  '(org-odd-levels-only t)
|
|  '(org-remember-templates
|    '(("Task" ?t "* %?" "~/Documents/gtd.org" "Tasks"))))
`----

Nice and simple for me :) I have this setup for working at university,
I think odd-levels and hide-leading-stars should be default non-nil -
these are just about essential to me.

I change a few more things in the agenda just to get a slightly
cleaner view, but I've only decided on these settings recently, so I
can't say I like them or not.

--
        Oliver Charles / aCiD2