From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: TAGS for multiply project.
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.help
Date: Sunday 25th July 2010 16:19:57 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On 2010-07-23 23:11, Andrea Crotti wrote:
>> I like some it feture, so put into .emacs:
>>
>>    (semantic-mode 1)
>>    (global-semantic-idle-summary-mode 1)
>>    (global-semantic-highlight-func-mode 1)
>>
>> I have 2 question about semantic.
>>
>> How can a go back after "C-c , J"  (semantic-complete-jump)
>> like "M-*" (pop-tag-mark) for TAGS?
>>

> Good question, I never asked myself since C-x b RET gets me back to the
> original file, but it would be nice to have something like that.
> More nice would be open the buffer in a different window because
> normally that's what I want...

C-x b RET good work if you goto header prototype.
Really you just see it and back.

But if you go to implementation and try understand it
you also may want goto  implemetation of called function,
return, read more, goto, return, read more ...
and finally return into original place.

In that case Emacs MUST organize list of jumps
and function which can binding to keys
to get easy return in original place.

Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipce, IAR Embedded Workbench
and many other IDE remember all jumps and allow
browse backward/forward like Firefox/Opera/Chrome
for links.

Really no one need this feature or it implemented?

--
Best regards!

CD: 3ms