From: Francis Moreau <francis.moro <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: M-x gdb doesn't work anymore with Emacs 23.1.50.1
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.help
Date: Tuesday 28th July 2009 14:45:58 UTC (over 8 years ago)
On Jul 28, 10:52 am, [email protected] (Nick Roberts) wrote:
>  > Now doing the same still in console mode, I get: "Cannot open load
>  > file: gdb-ui".
>
> The file gdb-ui.el has been replaced by gdb-mi.el.  You've probably got
> an old/inconsistent autoloads file (loaddefs.el).  Try rebuilding from
> scratch with "make bootstrap".

You were right !

But it still doesn't work: now when starting gdb and putting a
breakpoint in a specific function like this:

(gdb) b animation_stop
Breakpoint 1 at 0x2985dcfe: file core.c, line 518.
(gdb) list :1
No source file named .

and the breakpoint seems to be not set since the program is never
stopped. Of course doing the same in a terminal works, except I
haven't passed the '-i=mi' switch.

One other thing I noticed, is that I have an alias on my gdb command:

alias gdb='gdb -x ~/.mygdbinit'

but it looks like when emacs is starting gdb, it ignores the alias.

Thanks

CD: 3ms