From: Michael Olson <mwolson <at> gnu.org>
Subject: ERC is now installed to Emacs
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.erc.general
Date: Sunday 29th January 2006 16:04:13 UTC (over 11 years ago)
I've completed the installation of ERC to Emacs.  It differs from ERC
CVS HEAD in the following ways.

 - I had to drop the erc-bbdb.el, erc-chess.el, and erc-speak.el
   modules because they had dependencies on external software.

 - The manual had its GPL and GFDL sections removed, since that seems
   to be the convention.

 - The version strings for modules have been removed.  The $Revision
   stuff would give results inconsistent with ERC CVS HEAD, since
   Emacs is also managed by CVS.  Also, the erc-version-string has
   been modified to "Version 5.1 (Emacs 22)".

 - The NEWS file has been installed to etc/ERC-NEWS.

 - The ChangeLog files had to have a copyright statement added, which
   is a strange requirement IMHO, but a convention nonetheless.  I
   won't add these lines to ERC CVS HEAD.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: manga, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp

CD: 3ms