From: Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: A Lisp-ish alternative to customize
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.eev.devel
Date: Wednesday 14th December 2005 14:30:36 UTC (over 12 years ago)
Hi rubikitch and list,

In the posting about unifiying the single-steppers I mentioned a
global variable, `eeb-defaults', that unifies the bounded functions
and controls how  works...

By the way, speaking of variables, did you notice this (the function)?

  (ee-hyperlink-prefix)

It is intented as a lisp-ish alternative to customize - it creates a
"*Elisp hyperlinks*" buffer that gives a way of changing the variable
`ee-hyperlink-prefix'... its contents looks like this:

  # (ee-hyperlink-prefix)
  # (setq ee-hyperlink-prefix "# ")

By editing the `setq' line and running it we can change the value of
the variable, and the first line of the buffer contains a sexp that
regenerates the buffer; as `ee-hyperlink-prefix' controls the prefix
of each line - "# " by default - it we change it with

  # (ee-hyperlink-prefix)
  # (setq ee-hyperlink-prefix ";; ")

and run the setq and then run the (ee-hyperlink-prefix) again we get:

  ;; (ee-hyperlink-prefix)
  ;; (setq ee-hyperlink-prefix ";; ")

The current code for the `ee-hyperlink-prefix' function is ugly - it's
in eev-insert.el, that has several warnings about ugliness - but I
have some ideas of macros to make it better... it uses a function
called `find-elinks', whose first argument is a list of "hyperlinks"
in a certain very bad format, that is "flattened" by `ee-flatten'
before being converted to a string... I just saw a way of using "@"s
inside backquotes to make this format much better...

  More soon,
    Edrx

P.S.: Documenting `ee-hyperlink-prefix', cleaning `find-elinks' and
unifying the steppers - or at least discussing that - were three of
the (handful of) things that I wanted to do before re-submitting eev
to the GNU people... it's getting closer, finally...

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but
differentÂ…

CD: 3ms