From: Marshall, Simon <Simon.Marshall <at> misys.com>
Subject: RE: [[email protected]: Emacs security bug]
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
Date: Monday 12th May 2008 16:37:20 UTC (over 9 years ago)
> I see no point in investing any significant time to try and fix
> this problem.

Phew.

> > Probably the most reasonable fix, in the circumstances, is to make
> > fast-lock-cache-directories a risky local variable and remove "."
from
> > its default value?
>
> Sounds OK.

Attached is a patch.  Simon.

 "Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales).
Registration Number: 01360027. Registered office: Burleigh House, Chapel
Oak, Salford Priors, Evesham WR11 8SP. For a list of Misys group operating
companies please go to http://www.misys.com/html/about_us/group_operating_companies/.
This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using
multiple scanners.

We believe that this email and any attachments are virus free, however the
recipient must take full responsibility for virus checking. This email
message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged
and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of this email
please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose,
nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not
constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc.
Please refer to the executed contract between you and the relevant member
of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting party with which you
are dealing.

CD: 3ms