From: Chong Yidong <cyd <at> stupidchicken.com>
Subject: Pretest
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
Date: Friday 27th October 2006 17:59:36 UTC (over 11 years ago)
With Richard's agreement, I've bumped the version number to 22.0.90
and rolled a pretest tarball.  The tarball can be found at

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.90.tar.gz

Since Leim has been merged into Emacs, there is no separate
leim-22.0.90.tar.gz (I'll update admin/make-announcement to reflect
this).

Since this is the first Emacs 22 pretest tarball, it would be nice if
people could take a look and make sure there are no problems building
from, before we think about making any pretest announcement.

If no problems are found, I guess we can proceed with the pretest.
According to admin/make-tarball, RMS is supposed to announce it to the
list of emacs pretesters; here is the canned announcement generated by
admin/make-announcement:

  There is a new pretest available in

    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.90.tar.gz

  Please report results from compiling and running the pretest to
  .  Your feedback is necessary for us
  to know on which platforms the pretest has been tried.

(I took out some additional info about xdelta's between this tarball
and the previous pretest tarball, because there is no previous
tarball).

The question is, who do we announce the pretest to?  Is the emacs
pretesters mailing list still extant?  If not, I think we should just
make a public announcement about the availability of the pretest
tarball on the Gnu Emacs webpage.  We could also contact distributions
such as Debian, which package occasional CVS snapshots of Emacs 22, to
switch to tracking the numbered pretest tarballs for those packages
instead.

CD: 14ms