From: Phil Hagelberg <phil <at> hagelb.org>
Subject: Re: unit test framework
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
Date: Friday 19th March 2010 19:00:08 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Lennart Borgman
 wrote:
> I asked long ago for a comparision on EmacsWiki:
>
>  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/UnitTesting
>
> However there have not been any interest in that. If have cc:ed the
> unit test framework authors, maybe they want to say something.
>
> I am not sure which of them have signed papers:
>
>  ert: Christian Ohler
>  elunit: Phil Hagelberg
>  elk-test: Nikolaj Schumacher
>  etest: Phil Jackson
>  el-mock: rubikitch

elunit is deprecated in favour of ert, so it should not be considered
for inclusion. When I was investigating the options (~2 years ago),
ert was the clear winner, though I don't remember the details clearly.
Mostly it had to do with having the clearest failure reports. Beyond
that there were not a lot of differences; unit testing is a pretty
straightforward task.

Things may have changed since then.

-Phil

CD: 3ms