From: michael hester <uwgdebate-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Point Inflation and the 100 pt scale
Newsgroups: gmane.education.region.usa.edebate
Date: Wednesday 23rd September 2009 14:59:33 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Russell is correct. 87 is too high. i was conservative (i.e., tried to
stay close to what i thought others would do) at GSU b/c i felt like
UTD got jobbed last year missing on points and it affected their bid
application.

but i will also go on record and say my 100 point scale will look like
this:

27-27.5: 70-74

27.5-28: 75-82
                    --> these two have large ranges b/c they are the
areas i want to distinguish the most
28-28.5: 83-89

> 28.5: 90-100

i'm adding this to my judge philosophy (plus, there are some other
additions since GSU)

hester