From: Daniel CannCasciato <Daniel.CannCasciato-KPLD3T+Awoc <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Petition to support Wojciech's memorandum
Newsgroups: gmane.education.libraries.autocat
Date: Wednesday 3rd November 2010 14:26:53 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi All,

item of interest, I'm sure.  Forwarded with permission of Jacqueline
Byrd.  Originally posted to the PCCLIST
([email protected]).
Should this message be formatted oddly (since that happens with my
emails from time to time), just go ahead and follow the URL to read the
message at the website for the petition.

  http://bit.ly/noRDAtest

Daniel

> On Tuesday, Nov. 2nd Wojciech Siemaszkiewicz sent the e-mail below to
this
> listserv calling for a suspension of the current RDA testing in OCLC.
 His memorandum
> received  much support on the listserv, but cataloging managers at
Indiana University,
> Bloomington want to provide a way for librarians to "sign" a petition
in support of
> Wojciech's memorandum.  We have created an online petition on the
"iPetitions" website
> for this purpose.  If you wish to voice your support for this, please
"sign" the
> petition at:
>
>         http://bit.ly/noRDAtest
>
> In several days, after activity on the site has stopped, I'll send
out
> information on the support shown for the memorandum.  In the
meantime, you can track the
> activity at the website.
>
> Our apologies for multiple postings!
>

> Mechael Charbonneau, Associate Dean for Technical Services and Head
of the Cataloging Division
> Spencer Anspach, Head of the Database Management Section
> Janet Black, Head of the Monographic Receiving and FastCat Unit
> Jaqueline Byrd, Head of the Area Studies Cataloging Section
> James Castrataro, Head of the Serials Cataloging Unit and Co-Head of
the
> West European Member Copy Section
> Sylvia Turchyn, Head of the Western European Cataloging Section
> Indiana University Libraries, Bloomington
> Technical Services Department
> Herman B Wells Library
> 1320 E. 10th St.
> Bloomington, IN  47405

AUTOCAT quoting guide: http://www.cwu.edu/~dcc/Autocat/copyright.html
E-mail AUTOCAT listowners:
[email protected]
Search AUTOCAT archives:  http://listserv.syr.edu/archives/autocat.html
  By posting messages to AUTOCAT, the author does not cede copyright