From: Andreas Tscharner <andy-QAjuEmbqPo8fv37vnLkPlQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Does not re-open a non-UTF-8 file on startup
Newsgroups: gmane.editors.geany.general
Date: Friday 21st October 2011 08:01:47 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello World,

I noticed an annoying behavior (could be since new version 0.21):

I have 3 files open when I quit geany. Two are UTF-8 encoded, one is
CP1252.

If I reopen geany, the two UTF-8 files get loaded as expected, but the
CP1252 file does not. Instead I get the following messages in the status
window (translated from german):

The File "J:\QUARTIS\_dev\locale\QrtRes_de.rc" is not a valid UTF-8.
One or more file(s) from the last session could not be loaded.

It re-opened all files until recently, so I suspect it's because of the
new version.

Note: I cannot change the encoding to UTF-8.

Is this the expected behavior? Did I mis-configure something?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
--

Andreas Tscharner   [email protected]   ICQ-No.
14356454

CD: 2ms