From: David <e17 <at> abtoen.de>
Subject: [E-devel] efl into rockbox
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.window-managers.enlightenment.devel
Date: Saturday 28th July 2007 23:29:58 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hi,
I'm a long time e-user and latterly I've bought a new mp3 player (COWON
iAudio X5). Casually I got to know that there is the possibility to use a
free linux system on it. It's called rockbox (http://rockbox.org).

Now I wonder how hard it would be to integrate efl libraries into this to
get some eyecandy. Do you think that this would be possible?

Some facts for the X5 (rockbox also runs on Archos, iriver, iPod, ... but
I'll first try my own ;) )
Motorola Integrated Microprocessor SCF5250, 120MHz
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IaudioX5HardwareComponents

So, I just looked at the rockbox sources, seems that they have their own
abstractions to use the display, such as
lcd_update_rect
lcd_write_yuv420_lines
http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/firmware/target/coldfire/iaudio/x5/lcd-x5.c?revision=11967&view=markup

Full rockbox code:
http://www.rockbox.org/daily/source/rockbox-20070728.tar.bz2

Integrating efl in rockbox will cause a new rockbox-branch, right? What do
you think? Any chance? I'm anxious to hear your opinions!

bye david