From: Yuri Takhteyev <yuri-UfE5FQABeHN2Qaki92YDXw <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Sputnik and Beyond
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.sputnik
Date: Saturday 24th May 2014 17:57:36 UTC (over 3 years ago)
As most of the people on this list know, I have done no work on Sputnik for
close to two years. So, it would be fair to say I've abandoned it, and
perhaps it would be best if I go ahead and just say so.

Sputnik turned 7 years old last month. Many things have happened in those
years. People's expectations for web experience have changed. If I were to
adapt Sputnik to match what I myself would expect today of such an
application, I would need to move 2/3 of the code to the browser, most
likely rewriting it in JavaScript. At which point I might as well start
from a clean slate (see below).

If someone is interested in working on Sputnik, please fork the github
repository and let me know, so that I could link to your repo from the
website.

BTW, I am myself currently working (slowly) on a rich-client CMS built with
AngularJS and NodeJS. It's not using Lua, but it shares many of Sputnik's
sensibilities, so those who like Sputnik might find it interesting. I'll
post a message to this list when I've got something more concrete to share.

  - yuri

"Sputnik List" group.
email to
sputnik-list+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org