From: Scott Reynen <scott-o6LLG+DviyjnDEW9bQR4JWXnswh1EIUO <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Microformat for implementing RFC2119
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.microformats.new
Date: Friday 10th August 2007 19:44:47 UTC (over 9 years ago)
On Aug 9, 2007, at 11:04 AM, Dr Orlovsky MA wrote:

> I. Background and the problem
> ------------------------------
> I've been looking into the possibility to semantically markup
> RFC2119 [1] keywords (like MUST, SHOULD BE etc) in the HTML version of
> some technical specifications. The problem is that none of the
> existing
> HTML 4.10 and proposed HTML5 tags are suitable enough for this task.

It sounds like you just want plain old semantic HTML, not a
microformat.  Search-ability and style-ability, the two clear use
cases I see in your proposal, don't really require everyone to use
the same class names.  One person could use class="rfc-2119" and
another class="rfc2119" and both would be style-able and both would
be search-able (except that no existing search engines allow
searching on class names, as far as I know).  So I'm not clear why
this needs to be a community effort vs. just approaching individual
spec. publishers and asking them to improve their own markup.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com

CD: 3ms