From: Steve Wolkoff <swolkoff-dv/VyGpifdQAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: RE: How to export FLV audio
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.flash.server.devel
Date: Tuesday 7th March 2006 21:19:30 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hi there -

Just a quick update on this. There are a few reasons why this audio
transcoder tool hasn't been posted yet:

1) per Adobe legal requirements, we have had to perform a thorough
review of the tool source code and the license agreements to be sure
that we have the legal ability to release this tool on Labs. The concept
of a "Labs" site is a new one for Adobe and it's a learning process.
It's one thing when you're releasing web services (i.e. Google Labs),
but downloadable, executable software that may contain licensed 3rd
party code is a bit more complex to release in a free, pre-beta,
non-commercial, non-supported manner. However, this review is nearly
complete, and despite a few snags, everything looks copacetic.

2) Because all of the product teams love the idea of Adobe Labs, there's
a waiting list to get content produced and posted on the site. I can't
just FTP up there and post some EXE's - I have to work with a web
production team that is swamped with Lab requests and working very hard
to meet demand.

3) Because of the snags in #1 above, we missed our scheduled delivery
window. Because of #2 above, we now have to wait for a new delivery
window to get the FMS content posted. As currently planned, this content
includes the FLV audio transcoder (FLV to MP3/WAV) and the Media Server
Integration Kit - a Java SDK for extending FMS functionality.

I'm waiting to find out the next window where we can get these tools up.
It should be in the near future (I know that's way too vague to be of
much use, but I really can't predict more accurately. It should be
"soon"). When I know more, I'll update.

Thanks,

-steve.

steve wolkoff