From: Francisco Obispo <fobispo <at> isc.org>
Subject: Re: Using the Catalyst Makefile to install
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.catalyst.general
Date: Friday 8th March 2013 04:57:49 UTC (over 3 years ago)
They are installed by default under the lib/ directory, I'm not a big fan
of that setup, so what we usually do (in debian), we setup a custom package
that does the magic that we need, including the nginx setup, etc.

Module::Install lets you do some limited configuration, but if you're
looking to customize it, you're better off with a custom distribution
package.

Module::Install also gives you the ability to generate a PAR (Perl
Archive), and a tar distribution (make tardist).

On FreeBSD for example I usually install my catalyst apps as:

perl Makefile.PL INSTALL_BASE=/path/to/myapp

that way I have everything enclosed in one location (FreeBSD package
manager is a nightmare)

:-)

On Mar 7, 2013, at 8:50 PM, Alejandro Imass
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Francisco Obispo  wrote:
>> The installer uses Module::Install
>>
>> So basically:
>>
>> 1) lib/ is installed in: /usr/local/lib/perl5
>> 2) script/* becomes /usr/local/bin/*
>> 3) man pages are usually installed in /usr/local/share/man/man3/
>>
>> etc.
>>
>> perldoc Module::Install for more info ;-)
>>

> So the source, static files and the config file, etc. need to be
> installed manually ??
>
> BTW: saludes!
>
> --
> Alejandro Imass

Francisco Obispo
Director of Applications and Services - ISC
email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 650 423 1374 || INOC-DBA *3557* NOC
PGP KeyID = B38DB1BE