From: Francisco Obispo <fobispo <at> isc.org>
Subject: Re: Using the Catalyst Makefile to install
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.catalyst.general
Date: Thursday 7th March 2013 23:03:51 UTC (over 3 years ago)
The installer uses Module::Install

So basically:

1) lib/ is installed in: /usr/local/lib/perl5
2) script/* becomes /usr/local/bin/*
3) man pages are usually installed in /usr/local/share/man/man3/

etc.

perldoc Module::Install for more info ;-)

dh-make-perl if you want to make a debian/ubuntu package

On Mar 7, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Alejandro Imass
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the canonical way to use the provided Makefile to deploy
> Catalyst apps. Up until now I've only used to mainatin the
> dependencies and use make and make test but I have never used make
> install.
>
> I read through the Makefile and it's obvious that it will install all
> modules where they belong, but where do the resto of the files go??
> Example, the /root directory, the config file, etc.
>
> Is there a document that talks about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Alejandro Imass

Francisco Obispo
Director of Applications and Services - ISC
email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 650 423 1374 || INOC-DBA *3557* NOC
PGP KeyID = B38DB1BE