From: Markus Rechberger <mrechberger <at> gmail.com>
Subject: removal em28xx from linuxtv.org
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.video4linux
Date: Thursday 14th June 2007 21:05:06 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hi,

since I officially take care about the latest Empia em28xx code I want
to get that project removed from linuxtv.org.
Mauro already broke some parts in the incomplete inkernel linux driver.
Since the few developers here who cannot just shut their mouth and
accept others work I don't see another way out.
I will rebase the code a last time and add a binary module interface
to the em28xx driver to allow the usage of proprietary dvb-t demod and
tuner code from userspace. Mauro is probably aware of wasting my time,
and the 3-4 other people who are against 1 1/2 years of work which has
been done are probably aware either of it.

I will stop any further cooperation with that project since I simply
don't have the time for all these useless flamewars with people who
don't know it better.

If opensource isn't entirely possible because of a flawed community
it's better to go binary.

best regards,
Markus