From: Francesco Romani <fromani <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Transcode and dvd::rip problem on Fedora Core 5
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.transcode.user
Date: Tuesday 28th March 2006 09:16:42 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:56:16 +0200
Matthias Saou

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to run dvd::rip on Fedora Core 5, it hangs while scanning the
> transcode plugins. An strace shows that it stalls while reading, and this
> happens in only two different files : filter_compare.so and
> filter_logo.so. Has anyone already seen this and knows what could be the
> cause? Both seem to depend on ImageMagick...

Hi,
THis seems a known bug of filter_{compare,logo} in 1.0.2. Please test if
'tcmodinfo -i compare' causes segfault. If so, this patch
http://fromani.exit1.org/tc-patches-1.0.x/filter_compare-fixes-try1.patch
should solve this problem
(see also http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode?Bug_Showcase
for more
known problems and [experimental] solutions)

Regarding filter_logo, please also test if tcmodinfo -i logo
segfaults as well. IIRC it was fixed, but I can't check now.
If isn't fixed it's time to open a new bug, or maybe
backport new code from CVS :)

Best regards,

--
Francesco Romani - Ikitt ['people always complain, no matther what you do']
IM contact: (email-me, I have antispam default deny!) icq://27-83-87-867

CD: 3ms