From: Andrew <nospam <at> flight.us>
Subject: "double free or corruption"
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.transcode.user
Date: Wednesday 16th November 2005 19:53:05 UTC (over 11 years ago)
When trying to shrink ripped VOBs of a particular dvd, i get:

< ...snip... >
[import_vob.so] tccat -i "/data/rec/drip/movie/vob/001" -t vob -d 0 -S 0 |
tcdemux -a 0 -x ac3 -S 0 -M 2 -d 0 | tcextract -t vob -a 0 -x ac3 -d 0 |
tcdecode -x a52 -d 0 -A 1
*** glibc detected *** tccat: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08642028
***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6[0x774424]
< .. snip .. >

< .. finishes backtracing, etc., then just hangs, w/apparently suspended
processes .. >

Full output here:

	http://www.flight.us/tc/corruption.txt
	http://www.flight.us/tc/corruption2.txt

(each of the above correspond to two attempts to shrink two distinct
rippings, of the same movie)

Note:

1) i've only encountered the error with this particular movie so far
(although i've only tried
	four movies thus far). The command works with a couple of other movies.
2) the error occurs with various export modules. I tried xvid,
ffmpeg/{mpeg4/h264} - same result
3) i've hybridized my libs, with both self-built and yum/apt-acquired stuff
   (sometimes unsure of what I was doing)
4) this pertains to my non-segfaulting system :-))
	[there is a footnote for #4, but for a different thread]

thanks!

andrew