From: Neil Loknath <neil.loknath <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Closed Captioning GSoC project
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel
Date: Sunday 8th March 2009 22:59:41 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi all,

I've been doing some looking at the suggested closed captioning project,
and
this is what I see as being required:

- get mpeg2dec extracing the user data packets from DVD VOB
- create a dynamic pad if CC data exists and pass it to new, improved
vbidec
plugin (old code, so will probably need some major work)
- vbidec needs to pass to decodebin
- decodebin needs to detect and handle new pad for CC
- playbinbase needs to detect and handle dynamic pad from decodebin for CC
- use textbin in playbin to overlay CC on video

This is what I gather from a quick read of some of the code, using
gst-inspect, and the very helpful thread at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel/19727.
 Of course,
I may be way off.  Hopefully, not :)  But, that's exactly why I'm writing:
to get help from the ones who eat, sleep, and breath this stuff!

Thanks,
Neil

CD: 3ms