Home
Reading
Searching
Subscribe
Sponsors
Statistics
Posting
Contact
Spam
Lists
Links
About
Hosting
Filtering
Features Download
Marketing
Archives
FAQ
Blog
 
Gmane
From: Jann Gobble <janngobble <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Compiling ffmpeg with Snow Leopard
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user
Date: Tuesday 15th September 2009 07:33:35 UTC (over 8 years ago)
solved your problem

Add  --arch=x86_64 to the end of the configure line for ffmpeg a la:

./configure --enable-libmp3lame --enable-shared --disable-mmx -- 
arch=x86_64


For some reason FFMpeg does not honor the -arch=x86_64 exported  
variable.

I just tried it and everything compiled and installed.

:)


Jann

On Sep 14, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Tom Rossi wrote:

> I can try that later tonight. How do I get that specific source?
>
> -----------------------
> Sent from mobile
>
> On Sep 14, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Jann Gobble  wrote:
>
>> for the heck of it did you try a compile using the "released 0.50  
>> source" ...?
>>
>> Jann
>>
>> On Sep 14, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Tom Rossi wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm.  I did an SVN checkout: svn checkout
>>> svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk
ffmpeg
>>>
>>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Jann Gobble  
>>>  wrote:
>>>> This is weird.  Does this happen to be the SVN version (or the . 
>>>> 50 version)?
>>>>
>>>> J
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Now that we are sure you have ffmpeg installed, what version is  
>>>> libavcodec?
>>>> Mine (
>>>> On Sep 14, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Tom Rossi wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Jann,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for the reply!  Yes, I actually gave in and used MacPorts  
>>>>> to
>>>>> get ffmpeg running.  Generally, I like to try and get my hands  
>>>>> dirty
>>>>> first so I can learn.
>>>>>
>>>>> However, I did try and run the command you sent though and here  
>>>>> is the
>>>>> tail end of the response from the make command:
>>>>>
>>>>> In file included from libavcodec/h264.c:8191:
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c: In function ‘svq3_decode_mb’:
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:443: warning: passing argument 2 of  
>>>>> ‘svq3_mc_dir’ as
>>>>> signed due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:445: warning: passing argument 2 of  
>>>>> ‘svq3_mc_dir’ as
>>>>> signed due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:480: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__builtin___memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:480: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__inline_memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:495: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__builtin___memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:495: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__inline_memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:503: warning: passing argument 2 of  
>>>>> ‘svq3_mc_dir’ as
>>>>> signed due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:570: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__builtin___memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:570: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__inline_memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:583: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__builtin___memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:583: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__inline_memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:615: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__builtin___memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:615: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__inline_memset_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c: In function ‘svq3_decode_slice_header’:
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:721: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>> pointer
>>>>> target type
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>> pointer
>>>>> target type
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>> pointer
>>>>> target type
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>> pointer
>>>>> target type
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__builtin___memcpy_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>> pointer
>>>>> target type
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: passing argument 3 of
>>>>> ‘__inline_memcpy_chk’ with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:738: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_log2’
as
>>>>> unsigned due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c: In function ‘svq3_decode_init’:
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:818: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘memcmp’  
>>>>> with
>>>>> different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:824: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘memcmp’  
>>>>> with
>>>>> different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:830: warning: passing argument 3 of  
>>>>> ‘init_get_bits’
>>>>> as signed due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:886: warning: passing argument 4 of
‘uncompress’
>>>>> with different width due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:891: warning: passing argument 2 of
>>>>> ‘ff_svq1_packet_checksum’ as signed due to prototype
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c: In function ‘svq3_decode_frame’:
>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:1024: warning: passing argument 2 of
>>>>> ‘svq3_decode_mb’ as unsigned due to prototype
>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccb4hCHL.s: 
>>>>> 10137:suffix
>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccb4hCHL.s: 
>>>>> 10149:suffix
>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccb4hCHL.s: 
>>>>> 10414:suffix
>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccb4hCHL.s: 
>>>>> 10426:suffix
>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>> make: *** [libavcodec/h264.o] Error 1
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Jann Gobble  
>>>>>  wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Okay, we *do* know the following: Apple's gcc 4.2 is set to  
>>>>>> compile 64
>>>>>> bit
>>>>>> by default in Snow Leopard.  Lets to the following and then  
>>>>>> send the
>>>>>> output
>>>>>> to us..
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> export CFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -Wconversion -Wformat -Wshorten-64- 
>>>>>> to-32
>>>>>> -mmacosx-version-min=10.5" && ./configure --enable-libmp3lame
>>>>>> --enable-shared --disable-mmx && make
>>>>>>
>>>>>> then:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> sudo make install
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I will compare the output with what I had and try to further  
>>>>>> help.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Also, since you say "you are not real clear on all of this  
>>>>>> stuff for
>>>>>> sure"...is there a specific reason you are not installing  
>>>>>> ffmpeg using
>>>>>> macports?  If interested... go to:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/MacPorts-1.8.0-10.6-SnowLeopard.dmg
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Download the dmg, double click it to install it and then open a  
>>>>>> terminal
>>>>>> and
>>>>>> do the following:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> sudo install ffmpeg +universal +lame
>>>>>>
>>>>>> (this is the same command as your configure command). The  
>>>>>> +universal is
>>>>>> there such that you can compile it for either architecture...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It is a much easier way if you simply wish to use ffmpeg  
>>>>>> without trying
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> remember all the options.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Jann
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sep 14, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Tom Rossi wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Jann,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks for the reply!  No offense taken, I'm not real clear on  
>>>>>>> all of
>>>>>>> this stuff for sure!  See below:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Jann Gobble >>>>>> >
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Which x264?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> x264-snapshot-20090827-2245  had no problems compiling for  
>>>>>>>> me...  The
>>>>>>>> following items are stated, but not mentioned to offend you...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Do you have Snow Leopard's XCODE installed?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Yes
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> How did you compile x264?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I started with a vanilla snow leopard install with xcode.  I
>>>>>>> downloaded and installed LAME.  Then I downloaded ffmpeg from  
>>>>>>> SVN.
>>>>>>> Then I ran these commands (like I had in the past with leopard):
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ./configure --enable-libmp3lame --enable-shared --disable-mmx
>>>>>>> make
>>>>>>> sudo make install
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Make has a lot of output, but here are the last few lines:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> In file included from libavcodec/h264.c:8191:
>>>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c: In function ‘svq3_decode_slice_header’:
>>>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:721: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>>>> pointer
>>>>>>> target type
>>>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>>>> pointer
>>>>>>> target type
>>>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>>>> pointer
>>>>>>> target type
>>>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>>>> pointer
>>>>>>> target type
>>>>>>> libavcodec/svq3.c:724: warning: cast discards qualifiers from  
>>>>>>> pointer
>>>>>>> target type
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccahM5qG.s: 
>>>>>>> 10137:suffix
>>>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccahM5qG.s: 
>>>>>>> 10149:suffix
>>>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccahM5qG.s: 
>>>>>>> 10414:suffix
>>>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /var/folders/-+/-+uZU+Q5Geu0V1KHSfHqZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccahM5qG.s: 
>>>>>>> 10426:suffix
>>>>>>> or operands invalid for `add'
>>>>>>> make: *** [libavcodec/h264.o] Error 1
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Did you compile it as 64 bit as well?  (ffmpeg will not link  
>>>>>>>> against a
>>>>>>>> 32bit x264 when you are telling ffmpeg to compile 64bit itself)
>>>>>>>> Did you compile it to be a shared library?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> my command was:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> export CFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -Wconversion -Wformat - 
>>>>>>>> Wshorten-64-to-32
>>>>>>>> -mmacosx-version-min=10.5" && ./configure --enable-shared
>>>>>>>> --enable-libmp3lame --disable-mmx --enable-avfilter --enable- 
>>>>>>>> pthreads
>>>>>>>> --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-bzlib --enable- 
>>>>>>>> libx264
>>>>>>>> --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree  --enable-avfilter --enable- 
>>>>>>>> avfilter-lavf
>>>>>>>> --enable-libopenjpeg
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> and it worked beatifully!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Did you run the check/test command for make in the x264  
>>>>>>>> directory to
>>>>>>>> make
>>>>>>>> sure x264 indeed was working?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Again none of the above was meant to offend.  It would help  
>>>>>>>> (if you
>>>>>>>> still
>>>>>>>> have the commands in your "history") if you would post the  
>>>>>>>> commands you
>>>>>>>> used
>>>>>>>> to compile x264.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Jann
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Sep 14, 2009, at 8:09 AM, G 3 wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Sep 12, 2009, at 6:00 AM, ffmpeg-user- 
>>>>>>>>> [email protected] wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I am unable to get ffmpeg to compile from the latest source  
>>>>>>>>>> from git
>>>>>>>>>> and svn
>>>>>>>>>> on Mac OSX 10.6.  I was able to install Lame without any  
>>>>>>>>>> issue, but
>>>>>>>>>> ffmpeg
>>>>>>>>>> appears to choke on h264?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> In the past I could configure like this:
>>>>>>>>>> ./configure --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --disable-mmx
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> but it is no longer working.  I saw someone else used a  
>>>>>>>>>> config
>>>>>>>>>> statement
>>>>>>>>>> like this:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> export CFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -Wconversion -Wformat - 
>>>>>>>>>> Wshorten-64-to-32
>>>>>>>>>> -mmacosx-version-min=10.5" && ./configure --enable-shared
>>>>>>>>>> --enable-libmp3lame --disable-mmx
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> but that didn't work either.  Any help is much appreciated!
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>> Tom
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> What version of the make command are you using? I suggest  
>>>>>>>>> you use make
>>>>>>>>> version 3.81. What is the error message you receive when  
>>>>>>>>> compiling
>>>>>>>>> ffmpeg?_______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>>>>>
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
 
CD: 2ms