From: Rob <robert.swain <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: test
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel
Date: Wednesday 16th March 2011 08:00:45 UTC (over 6 years ago)
On 16 March 2011 08:41, Nicolas George
wrote:
> Le sextidi 26 ventôse, an CCXIX, Rob a écrit :

announced them and shut
>> down the old ones as that infrastructure no longer operates on the
>> ffmpeg.org domain and will not for the foreseeable future.
>
> More precisely: the "new team" was lead by the people who control the
actual
> server that hosted FFmpeg, MPlayer and the mailing-lists. They used that
> control to kick Michael out.
>
> Michael installed new servers, and obtained from Fabrice, the original
> author of FFmpeg, to change the DNS records.
>
> Thus, the "new team" was forced to move to another hardware. As said,
they
> installed their new lists, subscribed everyone.

The new team still has the hardware, it is just now pointed to from
libav.org. I had to subscribe to all libav.org lists manually. I have
been subscribed to all ffmpeg.org lists automatically. As far as I am
aware, there was no auto-subscribing from the libav.org people. Yours
seems to be a strange exception.

> Then they shut down the old mailing-lists before new ones were
operational,
> and made difficulties to give Michael the list of subscribers.
>
> There was absolutely no need to shut the old mailing-lists so soon. The
fact
> that they did so is for me absolute proof that they do not care for the
well
> being of the project.

I had no part in that. I don't particularly appreciate being
auto-subscribed to ffmpeg.org mailing lists, but I probably would have
done anyway.

Regards,
Rob