From: JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg <at> btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN] Project renamed to Libav
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel
Date: Tuesday 15th March 2011 11:41:22 UTC (over 6 years ago)
--- On Mon, 14/3/11, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
 wrote:

> From: Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] [ANN] Project renamed to Libav
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Monday, 14 March, 2011, 21:34
> On Monday, 14 March 2011 at 22:46,
> compn wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:11:35 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje
> wrote:
> > >Everybody is welcome to subscribe to the new
> mailing lists at
> > >http://lists.libav.org/ (the
mplayerhq.hu mailinglist
> services will
> > >remain only for a while to assist in the
> transition), and on IRC you
> > >can find us at #libav-devel on Freenode.
> >
> > why is mphq dropping the ffmpeg-devel lists? this is
> absurd.
>
> This is a turf war. I'm quite disgusted when adults behave
> like little
> kids in a sandbox.

+1

I can see the end of a once great project, If i could i would bang your
bloody heads together and tell you to sort it out like adults.

What a shame, i started using ffmpeg 6 months ago on a project and now i
have to decide on which EGO to follow, I want the best software possible
not, "oh libAv is good for this but ffmpeg is good for this"

SORT IT AND AND PUT YOUR PETTY SNIPING AWAY, ACT LIKE ADULTS.

joolz
ps. This will also give amunition to the ANTI-OPEN SOURCE brigade.

CD: 3ms