From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at>
Subject: Preliminary announcement about the current situation
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel
Date: Wednesday 19th January 2011 03:13:58 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi everyone

I just wanted to say that iam as surprised as everyone else about what has
happened in the last few hours and that some developers overtaking
official ffmpeg and closing everyone elses write access without any kind of
public discussion is kinda nasty.
Of course its their full right to fork if they see the need for that but
thats
not exactly what they did.

And that I and everyone i spoke with dont even know the reason behind this
move

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable

CD: 2ms