From: Dave Airlie <airlied <at> linux.ie>
Subject: [git pull] dma-buf tree
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.dri.devel
Date: Friday 6th January 2012 15:06:21 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi Linus,

This isn't the drm merge, however a few projects have been working
together on a buffer sharing mechanism for kernel drivers, the maim
interested parties are the Linaro/ARM SoC folks, V4L, DRM, and fbdev.
Sumit Semwal wrote the code, and its been reviewed on various lists a fair
few times.

Now we've all agreed that the initial implementation is a good baseline
for us to move forward on, but its messy working with others when the core
code is out of tree. So we'd like to merge the core dma-buf code now so we
can all build on top of it for 3.4. I know some people would say we
shouldn't merge things with no users, but it will really make our lives
easier going forward to get this baseline into the tree.

Currently I've got most of a drm inter-driver buffer sharing mechanism
built on top and there is also got a v4l consumer built. The code doesn't
introduce any new userspace interfaces, its purely a kernel internal
layer, that the consumer/exported layers like drm/v4l will plug into to
offer services.

Dave.

The following changes since commit
805a6af8dba5dfdd35ec35dc52ec0122400b2610:

  Linux 3.2 (2012-01-04 15:55:44 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux
dma-buf-merge

Sumit Semwal (3):
      dma-buf: Introduce dma buffer sharing mechanism
      dma-buf: Documentation for buffer sharing framework
      dma-buf: mark EXPERIMENTAL for 1st release.

 Documentation/dma-buf-sharing.txt |  224 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/base/Kconfig              |   11 ++
 drivers/base/Makefile             |    1 +
 drivers/base/dma-buf.c            |  291
 include/linux/dma-buf.h           |  176 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 create mode 100644 Documentation/dma-buf-sharing.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/base/dma-buf.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/dma-buf.h

CD: 3ms