From: Dave Airlie <airlied <at> gmail.com>
Subject: drm git branches revisited
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.dri.devel
Date: Wednesday 2nd December 2009 04:10:11 UTC (over 7 years ago)
So I'm going to change the layout of my git branches again, because my
current plan isn't working for me.

At the moment drm-next is considered the branch to base new work off
and to also for downstream trees to
pull from, this is changing.

I will now maintain

drm-core-next : a branch with all the core DRM/KMS changes in it,
please base all downstream sub-driver
trees from this branch in the future. This branch will not rebase, it
may pull in a downstream driver tree in
the pre-merge window time, and/or when some patch from that tree is
required for a patch to the mainline.
This will be the basis of any trees I send to Linus.

drm-radeon-next: a tree like Eric's drm-intel-next where radeon
specific changes will be queued up.

drm-next: This tree will be rebased quite regularly (2-3 days) with a
git pull of the latest, drm-core-next, drm-radeon-next
and drm-intel-next, so that the code in drm-next is tested better. You
should use this tree for testing latest drm stuff
with an eye to the next Linus kernel.

Radeon (users)
drm-radeon-testing: this will be a rebased tree containing
drm-core-next, drm-radeon-next and some changes
that we aren't fully committed to yet. For radeon KMS users this is
probably the best bleeding edge tree.

>From time to time I will also have throwaway trees for merging to
Linus, I'll probably merge these into drm-next
and drm-radeon-testing from time to time until Linus pulls them.

Hopefully this works out better for me, though I suspect I need some
sort of self discipline measures.

Dave.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev