From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds <at> linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: [git pull] drm patches for 2.6.27 final
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.dri.devel
Date: Sunday 24th August 2008 17:16:12 UTC (over 9 years ago)
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, Dave Airlie wrote:

> So this has fixes for the SiS build with fbdev, a fix for a warning
> reported by Jiri Slaby in the irq locking code, a fix for debugging the X

> server startup sequence, r300/r500 radeon lockup fixes, Intel hw
> instability fixes in the irq and hw status pages, and the biggest
> bit is a fix for the backlight keys on a bunch of Intel laptops which is
> enabled using opregion support from Matthew Garrett.

Quite frankly, I'm not going to take this.

None of what you describe sounds like regressions, and this is just TOO
F*CKING LATE to take big changes like this, to a fragile subsystem that
has historically easily introduced new regressions.

Can you please make a branch with ONLY REGRESSIONS, or fixes for major
problems that don't introduce several thousand lines of new code?

Because you seem to be constantly unable to understand what "merge window"
means. And I'm not going to take this kind of crap.

			Linus