From: Philip Martin <philip.martin <at> wandisco.com>
Subject: Re: Ev2 as a move-aware editor
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.devel
Date: Thursday 27th June 2013 09:16:22 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Philip Martin  writes:

>> I can't see any way to do the 9-node change without using temporaries.
>
> I think we can reduce the 9 nodes to 6 and still see the problem:

Even 3 nodes is a problem. Start with A, A/B and A/B/C and swap A and
A/B/C.  There are two ways user can do this:

   svn mv A
   svn mv /B/C A
   svn mv /B A/B
   svn mv  A/B/C

or

   svn mv A/B/C
   svn mv A/B /B
   svn mv A /B/C
   svn mv  A

and the commit looks like:

   r2 | pm | 2013-06-27 09:51:56 +0100 (Thu, 27 Jun 2013)
   Changed paths:
      R /A (from /A/B/C:1)
      A /A/B (from /A/B:1)
      R /A/B/C (from /A:1)
      D /A/B/C/B

I don't see how Ev2 represents this.  If we do rotate(A,A/B/C) that
leaves just one other node A/B.  When/where does Ev2 move it?  If we
look at how the user did it then we see the move of A/B happens in the
middle of the rotate and not before or after.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco | Non-Stop Data

CD: 3ms