From: Bryan O'Sullivan <bos <at> serpentine.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.version-control.mercurial.devel
Date: Friday 7th September 2012 16:23:36 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Adrian Buehlmann
wrote:

> I think I now have demonstrated that the risk is pretty high, given how
> broken your first attempt was.

A meta-point:

Issues of whether or not you're correct aside, I very often do not like the
tone you use when you write. I find myself consistently saying to myself,
"I am going to ignore Adrian being an arse here, and just pay attention to
the content", and it would be easier for both of us if I didn't have to not
get annoyed by what you're saying.

This is not the linux-kernel mailing list; you do not get to be rude just
because you feel grumpy, disagree with someone else's reasoning, or drank
decaf by accident.

By allowing you to get away with being rude, I further give the signal to
other people that this kind of behaviour must be fine or perhaps even
encouraged, when in fact it is neither.

So. Please take the extra five seconds to be polite, even when you don't
feel like it. ESPECIALLY when you don't feel like it.

CD: 21ms