From: Ben Finney <ben+bazaar <at> benfinney.id.au>
Subject: Bazaar development future (was: Bzr development stopped)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general
Date: Tuesday 11th September 2012 15:42:19 UTC (over 4 years ago)
"Matthew D. Fuller"  writes:

> As the project stands, a bzr with no ongoing Canonical push for active
> development is a bzr with no active development. And that's just
> another way of saying "hey, if this doesn't isn't already Practically
> Perfect In Every Way for you and your problem space, better git to
> love git, buddy". That's... not the future I would have chosen for
> myself :(

It is still free software under the GPL, though. Is there a sufficient
community of Bazaar users interested enough to fund development under
different stewardship?

It has been done successfully with other free software held under
one-way contributor agreements – and Canonical is far less hostile than
Oracle to free software, after all.

Heck, from what I understand, the code base is in a whole lot better
shape than what the LibreOffice folk inherited, too.

Who's in? More importantly, whose well-funded employer is in?

--
 \         “If history and science have taught us anything, it is that |
  `\     passion and desire are not the same as truth.” —E. O. Wilson,

_o__)                                              _Consilience_, 1998 |
Ben Finney

CD: 13ms