From: Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca>
Subject: Re: Bzr development stopped WAS Re: Branching from just a part of a repository?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general
Date: Wednesday 5th September 2012 14:18:08 UTC (over 5 years ago)
>> [ and since Bzr development seems to have pretty much stopped anyway,
>> even if there were interest it would be very unlikely to see the
>> light of day ;-) ]
> Is this a joke?

No, that wasn't a joke.  Just a remark based on what I see happening.
Very few commits in bzr.dev, very few posts on this mailing-list, very
few bugs fixed (even apparently trivial ones like
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/1022160).
Add to this the departure of a lead developer, and I think the situation
is pretty clear.

As for me, it just means that the pressure to switch Emacs's repository
to Git gets every day stronger.

        Stefan

PS: I generally like using Bzr (which I use for pretty much all my VCS
needs), but as unfixed bugs accumulate, I'm beginning to feel a bit like
in the bad CVS days where you just had to get used to circumventing its
limitations, for lack of actual development.

CD: 11ms