From: =?utf-8?q?Ren=C3=A9_Rebe?= <rene <at> exactcode.de>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] 1185, >40% of the T2 packages known to cross compile
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.t2.devel
Date: Thursday 16th August 2007 13:18:09 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi all,

the the thread about cross compile awareness I like to keep you up to date
with the latest achivements.

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 20:18:09 you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sunday 17 June 2007 15:25:54 I wrote:
>
> > > I'll also update our package matrix renderer to output an additional
> > > note for cross compiling packages at:
> > >
> > >   http://www.t2-project.org/packages/
> >
> > In the last months many more packages received the CROSS mark and
> > in addition I coded a tiny script that empirically tries to cross build
> > packages where all [DEPS] already cross build. Aside some hundred
> > packages that were found to just cross build in T2, now - I also fixed
> > some dozen of trivial cross build errors on-the-way.
> >
> > We now got to a total of 700 packages known to cross compile with
> > the T2 SDE:
> >
> >   t2-trunk# grep '^\[F\] .*CROSS' package/*/*/*.desc | wc -l
> >   700
> >
> > Have a nice sunday - yours,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that our ongoing CROSS build tour arrived
> at "850 packages revisited and known to cross-compile" packages, now.
>
> PS: We want to release 7.0 (soon) with 33% of the package base
> (about 1000 of the nearly 3000 packages) to be "certified" to cross
> compile in T2. Most of this trunk changes will end up in the 7.0 branch.

We now got 1185 out of the 2938 packages to cross compile, that is
40.33% !!!

This includes more parts of GNOME, and nearly all packages of GPE as well
as XFCE. Of course including the newly added Qtopia base and WebKit and
a whole lot of libraries, servers and console stuff along the lines.

While we are working on expanding the percentage of packages that just
cross compile in T2, we'll next let a big number cruncher cross compile
binary package feeds for all T2 supported architectures and C-library
combinations.

Have fun,
  René