From: Alejandro Mery <amery <at> geeks.cl>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] T2 2.1.0 "Charlotte" is finally Available!
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.t2.devel
Date: Friday 4th November 2005 15:55:31 UTC (over 12 years ago)
Hi all,
after a year of very hardwork we are happy to announce the immediate
availability of our first stable release of T2 (2.1.0) named Charlotte
in honor of the second daughter of our great friend and contributor
J├╝rgen "George" Sawinski (jsaw).

About T2
--------

T2 is not a common Linux distribution - it is a flexible open source
System Development Environment or Distribution Build Kit if your are
more familiar with that term. T2 allows the creation of custom
distributions with bleeding edge technology. Currently the Linux kernel
is normally used - but we are expanding to Hurd, OpenDarwin and OpenBSD
- more to come. T2 started as a community driven fork from the ROCK
Linux Project with the aim to create a decentralized development and
clean a framework for spin-off projects and customized distributions.

You can find more info about T2 at http://www.t2-project.org/about.html,

and the supported architectures at http://www.t2-project.org/platforms.html.

T2 2.1 Overview
---------------

T2 2.1 is our first stable branch, forked out of ROCK Linux 2.0 one year
ago. It has lots in common with that release, like ROCK Net, ROCK Plug,
.gem file format, devfs, monolithic kernel and x11, but far robuster and
improved to fullfil our goal of making a clean and stable framework for
spin-off projects and customized distributions. A detailed list (but not
complete) of changes can be found at
http://www.t2-project.org/roadmap.html.
T2 2.1 is a fully maintained
branch which is also the stable platform T2 2.2 needs to found
distributions based on "state of the art" technologies.

About this release (2.1.0-rc3 -> 2.1.0)
---------------------------------------

this release includes general bugfixing and minor (but important)
updates where most
notable are:

* gcc 3.4.4
* abiword 2.2.11
* gnumeric 1.6.0
* samba 3.0.20b
* apache 2.0.55

the tarball of this release can be found at:
http://dl.exactcode.de/t2/t2-2.1.0.tar.bz2
or via svn doing:
svn co http://svn.exactcode.de/t2/tags/2.1.0/
t2-2.1.0

ISO images of T2-minimal and T2-desktop created with this release can be
found, as usual at http://gsmp.tfh-berlin.de/mirror/t2/stable/2.1.0/
currently optimized for pentium-mmx, pentium4, x86-64 and ppc-750 (g3).

Generated statistics (2.1.0-rc3 -> 2.1.0):

There where 119 changesets with 173 lines of commit messages.
Approximately 56 packages got updates, 40 issues fixed, 56 packages or
features added and 5 removed.
Arround 10 improvements have been committed.

Commits by contributor:
8 rene
81 amery
2 msluis
28 chris

(this considers which contributors did fixes and merges on 2.1 branch,
not necessarily whom originally did the contribution to trunk)

The complete changelog between 2.1.0-rc3 and 2.1.0 is attached.

Thanks a lot friends, great work!

--
Alejandro Mery
T2' stable tree Maintainer