From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26 <at> kfk4ever.com>
Subject: Re: fsvs doesn't detect changes
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.fsvs.general
Date: Sunday 10th August 2008 13:15:32 UTC (over 9 years ago)
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:42:32AM +0200, Philipp Marek wrote:
> Now that I think about that again I think I know what the problem is ...
> To do the filtering on eg. "-ftext" FSVS has to know what has changed,
and so
> the internal meta-data storage might already be updated - and if the file

> doesn't get committed (because it hasn't changed after all) the updated
> meta-data gets written to the entry list.
>
> Could you try updating to HEAD, do a "sync-repos" and re-try the
"status"?

I have and it looks like status works now.

> I'll try to get the commit-filter problem fixed.
Ok, thanks.

One more thing I ran into, reverting a deleted directory with
subdirectories fails:

[email protected] ~> fsvs revert public_html
Reverting to revision 18:

An error occurred: No such file or directory (2)
  in rev__action: Cannot create directory './public_html/shared'
[email protected] ~>

I'd also like to thank you for creating fsvs. I've only been using it
for a little while, but it's already clear that it will make system
upgrades or recovery from hardware failure a lot less painful.

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot