From: Kern Sibbald <kern <at> sibbald.com>
Subject: Critical 2.4.3-orphaned-jobs.patch released
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.announce
Date: Monday 3rd November 2008 16:34:39 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hello,

We recently found and corrected a serious bug in Bacula that causes jobs to
be
orphaned or "stuck" in the director during the pruning process.  Depending
on
what jobs get stuck and how many there are, it could prevent additional
jobs
from running.  As best we can tell, this problem occurs only during what
could be called extreme pruning conditions -- i.e. there are insufficient
Volumes available for normal operations.

In any case, we recommend that everyone apply the
2.4.3-orphaned-jobs.patch,
which you can find in the bacula-patches section of the Source Forge
download
area as well as in the directory patches of both the trunk and Branch-2.4
SVN.

Best regards,

Kern