From: Rob Purchase <rob.purchase <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: Help needed with pcmbuf weirdness
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.systems.archos.rockbox.devel
Date: Thursday 3rd July 2008 21:48:13 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to debug a problem on the D2 port whereby playback doesn't start

until the audio buffer is completely filled for the first time - ie. when
'alloc' reaches full, a few seconds after starting playback from the file
browser.

I've narrowed it down to the 'if' condition in pcmbuf_play_start() at
pcmbuf.c:517. This function is called twice in quick succession when
playback
is started, but both times 'pcmbuf_unplayed_bytes' and 'pcmbuf_read' seem
have the value 0, therefore the condition fails and pcm_play_data() is
never
called.

Only when the audio buffer fills completely does a further call to
pcmbuf_play_start() occur, and only at this stage is the 'if' condition
satisfied.

Unfortunately my knowledge of the pcmbuf code is next-to-zero, so I don't
know where to look next. Any pointers would be most appreciated!

Note that this is only happening for normal audio playback - voicing seems
work correctly in all cases.

Cheers,

Rob.

CD: 4ms