From: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi <at> balabit.hu>
Subject: syslog-ng maintenance changes
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.syslog-ng
Date: Wednesday 30th May 2012 04:32:21 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi,

I had a decreasing amount of time to work on syslog-ng in the past year, as
you may have noticed by my absense on the mailing list, and the relative
rarity of my blog posts.

More and more is done by Algernon (aka Gergely Nagy), and I felt it to be
incorrect to be the bottleneck in a number of cases.

Even though Algernon is emloyed by BalaBit, his daily job didn't and
doesn't mandate such close relationship with syslog-ng. That was his own
motivation, and I think that is a key to maintaining or developing open
source software.

After talking to him in real life, we've decided to make a shift, he is
going to maintain the 3.3 tree and making releases instead of myself. This
will make 3.3 maintenance smoother, and free some precious time for me,
which I'd use to work on the 3.4 features.

The location of the syslog-ng trees will change too, they would be
available at:

  git://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng-3.3.git
  git://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng-3.4.git

or the web interface at:

  http://github.com/balabit

I am certain that this change is for the better of syslog-ng, and I hope
the conclusion of the community will be the same in a few months. I really
thank him for helping me out.

Cheers,
Bazsi

CD: 3ms