From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh <at> computergmbh.de>
Subject: [announce] Xtables-addons 1.5.4
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.security.firewalls.netfilter.general
Date: Wednesday 9th April 2008 20:07:20 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi everyone,

Xtables-addons 1.5.4 has been released; highlights of this release are
the import, cleanup/bugfixing the "condition" and "ipp2p" matches and
additionally extending the "IPMARK" by IPv6. I hope people don't mind,
but I have not heard back so far, so I take it it's ok.
LOGMARK (for analyzing packet marks and connection states) now prints
the invoking hook and the packet direction. There is now also a compiled
manpage that lists all matches' and targets' options, plus a few fixes
to the TEE target.

Tarball:
	http://dev.computergmbh.de/files/xtables/xtables-1.5.3.tar.bz2
+
	http://dev.computergmbh.de/files/xtables/xtables-addons-1.5.4.tar.bz2

or alternatively a two-in-one pack:
	http://dev.computergmbh.de/files/xtables/xtables-combined-1.5.4.tar.bz2

Repository (gitweb), for "short"log and all that:
	http://dev.computergmbh.de/gitweb.cgi?p=xtables-addons

that's it for now, have fun,
Jan

- - - -
  About Xtables-addons.
      Xtables-addons is the proclaimed successor to patch-o-matic(-ng).
Likewise, it contains extensions that were not accepted in the main
iptables package [so far].
Xtables-addons is different from patch-o-matic in that you do not have
to patch or recompile the kernel. [Supported kernels versions are
2.6.18--2.6.25;; not all p-o-matic patches can be transformed.]
A big benefit of the compat layer of xtables-addons is that the actual
modules remain largely free of #ifdef hackery and hence make maintenance
a lot easier.

  Current list of bundled extensions.
CHAOS DELUDE IPMARK LOGMARK TARPIT condition geoip ipp2p portscan