From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Terry_Mo=EBs?= <T.Moes <at> student.ulg.ac.be>
Subject: NAT66 : A first implementation
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.security.firewalls.netfilter.devel
Date: Thursday 14th July 2011 15:47:20 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi all !

Since the Draft of NPT66 (Stateless Mapping) has gone RFC
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6296),
it's the good time for me to
publish my master thesis : an implementation, for Netfilter, of NAT in
IPv6, with both Stateless and Stateful approaches.

It's published on Sourceforge : https://sourceforge.net/projects/nfnat66/

You will find 5 items in here :
- The PDF of my thesis, which explains some choices, if wanted;
- The slides shown on the presentation of my thesis, which contain some
extra-information with respect to the report;
- Two extensions for ip6tables (SNAT and DNAT);
- Three kernel files that have been edited for the purpose of the
implementation;
- The two modules that have been created.

Moreover, my thesis gives a deep explanation of NAT44 implementation,
and can thus be referenced anywhere needed.

The whole development of NAT66 is inspired from what was done for NAT44.

There is still a lot of work to do, and there is probably some bugs in
the modules (despite many tests in lab), thus any help is welcome!

A first step would be to patch the next version of the kernel with the
three modified files, so that any further development is greatly
facilitated! And since it's a thing I've never done, any advise is not
unnecessary :)

Don't hesitate if you have any question.

Greetings,
Terry

--
Terry Moës (20061420)
Université de Liège - Faculté des Sciences Appliquées

N-HiTec - Nova High Technology Engineering and Consulting

Responsable des Infrastructures - Vice-Président

Web :   http://www.nhitec.com
Tél :   04/366.20.01