From: Dave Aitel <dave <at> immunityinc.com>
Subject: Re: Neal Stephenson, the EFF and Exploit Sales
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.security.dailydave
Date: Friday 10th August 2012 19:57:29 UTC (over 4 years ago)
So your theory here is that because the EFF is calling for regulation of
the government's ability to use 0day it has bought, that they are still
advocating some sort of freedom? Frankly, I can't for the life of me
understand why the EFF would take these positions - they seem counter to
its mission, if not just completely confusing. It's like some selection
of people at the EFF got scared that 0day exists and took a random
position on the matter, completely ignoring that their (former) support
base has the opposite position on the "equities issue".

-dave