From: Martin Porter <martin.f.porter <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Ending work on snowball
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.search.snowball
Date: Tuesday 16th September 2014 10:01:55 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Dear snowball-discuss subscribers,

After due discussion, Richard Boulton and I have decided to bring
further active work on the snowball website to a close. Richard is now
very fully occupied in demanding employment, while I am effectively
retired (my 70th birthday was two months ago), and very unlikely to
produce any new stemmers in the future. If anyone is actively engaged
on snowball work with the expectation of its future inclusion on the
snowball site, they should contact us about this now.

The snowball website itself will of course be left untouched, after
the updates with the necessary announcements of this change, and will
continue to exist for the indefinite future.

The mailing list will be kept running for the next few months, at
least. We expect to close it down at the beginning of 2015.

My private email address ([email protected]) will still be open for
questions about snowball, of course, and I will endeavour to answer
them all, as I have always done for the many non-snowball emails I
receive about the Porter stemmer.

Martin

CD: 2ms