From: Martin Porter <martin <at> porterloo.wanadoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: different results from java vs. C for finnish
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.search.snowball
Date: Wednesday 13th January 2010 18:06:35 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Robert,

Ah, thank you for pointing this out. The C code is correct here, and the
java code in error. The java used to be correct ('arteeseen' being in our
test vocabulary for Finnish), but I think Richard Boulton made a change to
the java codegenerator late last year in a region of the code which would
be
sensitive to this problem.

Richard, can you comment on this?

Martin

At 09:58 AM 1/12/2010 -0500, Robert Muir wrote:

>Hello Snowball developers,
>
>I was running some tests with the snowball vocabulary data, and
>noticed different results across the generated C code versus the
>generated java code for Finnish and Lovins
>
>A simple example is 'aarteeseen' with Finnish, the c code stems it to
>'aart' but the java code stems it to 'aartees'
>
>--
>Robert Muir

CD: 4ms