From: Marco Tuckner <marcotuckner <at> public-files.de>
Subject: creating timeseries for non convertional custom frequencies
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.scientific.user
Date: Thursday 3rd April 2008 23:24:49 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hello,
thanks to the help of the time series developers I am stepping gradually
into
time series processing with Python.

I have another issue creating timeseries objects:

How do I create a timeseries object with custom or irregular frequencies?

Here a more verbose explanation of what I want:
I have data that has been recorded from a data logger. Due to memory
constraints, the logger has been set to only save the observations
on a 5-minute basis (1 data point every 5 minutes).
How do I create a hourly data set / timeseries from such a data?

To give two more examples:
* Another data set I have has only data point at every 6 hours (NCAR
reanalysis
data).
How do I convert such data into a normal frequencies such as daily or
monthly?
* A restaurant records statistics about its guests. The place is closed
every
Monday. So there will not be any attendance numbers for Monday. If I use
the
daily frequency the timeseries will mess up.
They'd not count the Monday as "empty."

Basicly, I am looking for a way to create my time series object with data
that
is not complete by purpose, irregular or of a non convertional frequency.
Something like the business day frequency with the difference that the gaps
are
different.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,