From: Timmie <timmichelsen <at> gmx-topmail.de>
Subject: time series analysis
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.scientific.user
Date: Monday 5th November 2007 13:19:56 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Dear list members,
I am looking for some hints and recommendations.

I want to use python to analyse and evaluate (measurement) time series.

Therefore I am looking for some modules and documentation or tutorials
which
could help me in

* filtering time series for a cetain criteria
* reduce them to a lower time resolution: e.g. from houly values to daily
mean
values
* filling data gaps for days or hours without valid data using statistical
methods like regression
* general data quality and trend assessment

I found a conversion of the |Stat ("pipe-stat") programs written by Gary
Perlman
into a python module: pstat.py -
http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/Neural_Systems_Group/gary/python/pstat.py

This can be used as a start. But I am interested in what you could
recommend.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Timmie