From: Aric Hagberg <hagberg <at> lanl.gov>
Subject: ARPACK wrapper first cut
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel
Date: Tuesday 10th October 2006 04:12:32 UTC (over 11 years ago)
I made a whack at a wrapper for ARPACK (FORTRAN code for finding a
few eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a matrix).
Short summary and longer code at:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/231

This is my first attempt at using ARPACK, f2py, and fitting
code into the scipy framework.  I do know what an eigenvalue is at least.

Hopefully this is a decent start and I can find some help here to
finish the development and get it completely tested.  The ARPACK code
is fairly complicated and it will take some effort to get all the
features implemented and working.  But I do think it would be a
valuable addition to scipy.

Best Regards,
Aric

CD: 3ms